Texas Lemon Law
We have heard from many of our readers concerning Texas Lemon Law and what options they have in terms of getting their money back.
We have looked into this subject over the past few months and have come up with the following information:
What is Texas Lemon Law?
Oftentimes new and used vehicles have very serious mechanical issues
. This is due to a problem that occurs during the manufacturing process, and in many cases the manufacturer will buy the car back
from the consumer, which is why it is referred to as a manufacturer buyback.
Texas lemon laws protect consumers
that find themselves stuck with one of these problematic cars. Although the specific statutes differ from state to state, the basic principles of the law remain the same nationwide.
Some tips to follow:
1. If you think you may have one of these vehicles, do not delay in contacting a lawyer
to see what your you may be entitled to in terms of retribution.
2. Keep very detailed records of everything concerning this vehicle, especially maintenance records
(where was it serviced, on what date, what exactly was done, etc.)
3. Find out if there are any current recalls and/or technical service bulletins
(TSBs) for your car. There might be a fix for your problem that the manufacturer has become aware of.
The law is on your side, so don't be afraid to pursue your case. Also, the sooner you act, the more likely you are to receive retribution or a new vehicle.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at
more than Texas lemon law on our Auto Advice Car Buying Tips home page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.